Bill Nye the Science Guy
Bill Nye knows how to provide easy access to hard science. What’s his secret? A fast-paced approach blending humor and hands-on activities. Bill encourages kids to ask interesting questions…then shows them how to discover fascinating answers. Enlist the Science Guy’s help when it comes to teaching a range of subjects such as Health, Math, Nature, and Environmental issues.
1. Balance: To show how the center of gravity is established so that objects balance.
2. Comets & Meteors: To simulate the effect of meteorites hitting the surface of a planet.
3. Communication: To develop a system of communication with a variety of sounds.
4. Balance: To show how the center of gravity is established so that objects balance.
5. Flight: With the help of his team of young scientists and some common household items, Bill Nye demonstrates how airplanes, birds, and helicopters create differences in air pressure to develop lift for flying.
6. Forensics:To reveal the residue left on fingers with most foods.
7. Fossils: Discover the relationship between dinosaurs and birds, and find out that rhinoceroses once lived in Nebraska. Bill also tracks down dinosaur footprints with paleontologist Grace Irby and travels to the La Brea Tar Pits to see what’s underneath all that tar.
8. Life Cycles: To observe the sprouting of roots from vegetables.
9. Measurement: To determine how many strides it will take to walk a mile.
10. The Moon : To demonstrate the Earth-Moon system.
11. Pseudoscience: To demonstrate the strength of air under compression.
12. Simple Machines: To demonstrate how gears make work easier and increase speed and energy.
13. Structure: To build bridges with a few given materials to determine their strength.
14. Time: To use two stationary objects to determine the speed of a moving object.
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events: