Length: 15 min.
4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Images of America
American life is a blend of many diverse styles and tastes. These five programs explore the way five common areas (dress, city life, sports, food, and war) have changed, been influenced, and been depicted in our lives.
1. Dress — Dress has changed through the years under the influences of transportation, sports, wars, inventions, and fads of all kinds. Dress also reflects the differences in men and women’s roles in society.
2. City — City life impacts our everyday existence. This program encourages students to think about how cities have shaped our lives throughout history and to consider what cities might be like in the future.
3. Food — The availability, preferences and choices of food have reflected and shaped American history, as well as being crucial in all of our lives.
4. Sports — Sporting activities reflect many of the major themes in American society, including attitudes about competition and the roles of men and women.
5. War — In this program depictions of war by American artists are shown as the narrator explains how the various representations influenced national attitudes.
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
March 3: Lewis & Clark School Reading Night, Fargo.
March 7: “SciGirls” day-long teacher training event, Prairie Public studio, Fargo.
March 12: Family Literacy Event, Halliday, ND.
March 16: Family Literacy Event, Valley Edinburg, ND.
March 19: Family Literacy Event, Plummer, MN.
March 20: Family Literacy Event, Osgood: Fargo, ND.
March 20-21: ND Council of Teachers of Mathematics and ND Science Teachers Assoc., Bismarck.
March 25-28: ND Assoc. of Secondary School Principals, Bismarck.
March 26: Family Literacy Event, Rolette, ND.
March 26-28: ND Music Educators Assoc., Bismarck.
March 30: Family Literacy Event, Warwick, ND
March 31: Family Literacy Event, Devils Lake.
April 14: Family Literacy Event, Wahpeton-Breckenridge.
April 16-18: ND STEM Network Conference, Fargo, ND.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Tate Topa, ND.
April 21: Family Literacy Event, Minnewaukan, ND.
April 23: Family Literacy Event, Dakota Prairie, McVille, ND.
April 23-25: NDRA Reading Conference, Minot.
April 28: Family Literacy Event, Flasher, ND.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.