Outside Story with Slim Goodbody, The
Slim Goodbody has already helped thousands of children learn about what goes on inside their bodies. Now he’s turning students’ attention outward — to the environment. With the help of The Outside Story Kids, colorful animation, and plenty of lively songs, Slim shows children why it’s important to take care of the world around them. The programs not only explore problems in the environment, but also offer students a variety of steps they can take to make a difference in their home, schools, and communities.
1. Our Living Planet — An animated Greek man helps Slim introduce viewers to the interconnected spheres of the Earth.
2. The Air We Share — Slim takes viewers on a balloon ride, explaining the atmosphere’s importance to the planet.
3. Our Watery World — Tyrone the Dinosaur and Slim guide the viewers through an animated model of the water cycle and point out some of the ways in which humans have polluted the water supply. The Outside Story Kids demonstrate some ways to save water.
4. Treasure House Earth — Slim and Tyrone the Dinosaur show what might happen if the resources of the lithosphere — the layers of soil, rock, mineral, and metals that make up the solid part of the Earth — run out. The Outside Story Kids come up with ideas for saving energy every day.
5. The Family of Life — Slim, with the help of Tyrone the Dinosaur, shows the interrelationship of the plants and animals of the biosphere. They explain how man’s destruction of the tropical rain forest causes the extinction of rare animals and a loss of oxygen.
6. It All Adds Up — Slim overviews man’s use of the Earth’s resources throughout history, emphasizing that progress causes more waste. He and the kids show viewers how they can reduce, reuse, and recycle.
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June - Tri-City Technology Conference in Fargo, North Dakota
June - North Dakota Geographic Alliance Conference in Grand Forks, North Dakota
June 8 - Share a Story event at Rheault Farm from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
June 14 - Midwest Kids at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College