Length: 6-13 min.
Kindegarten, 1, 2
Language Arts and Literature
Scholastic ETV Consortium
Scholastic Seasons and Nature Series
This literature series produced by Scholastic Inc. encourages students to read with a greater appreciation for literature. These timeless classics are based upon renowned award-winning books.
1. Brave Irene — Irene summons up all her courage in the face of a fierce snowstorm when her mother falls ill and Irene must deliver a ball gown to the duchess. (12:51) Study Guide
2. The Caterpillar and the Polliwog — Impressed by the proud caterpillar’s boast that she will turn into a butterfly when she grows up, a polliwog determines to watch the caterpillar very carefully and turn into a butterfly too. (7:12)
3. Goose — A baby goose, adopted at birth by a family of woodchucks, feels like an outcast in everything she does until she discovers all by herself that she can fly. Narrated by Laura Dern. (6:29)
4. Henry Hikes to Fitchburg — It isn’t how fast you get someplace, but what you do along the way: that’s the philosophy behind this story about two friends who agree to meet 30 miles away in Fitchburg. In this story inspired by Thoreau’s Walden, Henry elects to take a very long nature walk, while his friend chooses to work to earn his train fare. A step-lively narration by James Naughton and music to hike to make this journey fun and thought-provoking too. (11:25)
5. Owl Moon — A young child and her father search the moonlit woods for the Great Horned Owl. (7:46) Study Guide
6. The Snowy Day — A small boy’s enchantment with a city’s snowfall has him making snow angels and snowballs, sliding down snow mountains – and looking forward to going outside again. (5:55) Study Guide
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June - Tri-City Technology Conference in Fargo, North Dakota
June 8 - Share a Story event at Rheault Farm from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
June 14 - Midwest KidsFest at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College