Visualizing Cell Processes
Visualizing Cell Processes is a comprehensive program for teaching and studying fundamental cell processes at the high school/beginning college level. At the core of this program are 75 minutes of outstanding educational video utilizing clear animations and extraordinary microscope footage of living cells.
1. Cells and Molecules Topics: A Variety of Cells, Cell Organization, Overview of Organic Molecules, Prokaryotic Cells, The Evolution of Eukaryotic Cells
2. Cell Movement and Transport Topics: Structure and Behavior of the Plasma Membrane, Osmosis, Transport Proteins, Phagocytosis, Pinocytosis, Receptor Mediated Endocytosis, Golgi Function, Lysosomes and Hydrolytic Digestion, Microtubules, Cilia, Actin, and Myosin Motor Proteins.
3. Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration Cellular Respiration Topics: Glycolysis and Fermentation, Mitochondrion Structure, Aerobic Respiration, Krebs Cycle, Electron Transport Chain, ATP Synthesis.
4. DNA Replication, Mitosis and Cell Reproduction Topics: Chromosome Condensation, Mitosis Stages, Cytokinesis, Meiosis, Nucleotide Structure and Bonding, Replication Enzymes, Replicating the Strands, Topoisomerase and the Twisting Problem, Proofreading and Repair, Replication Review.
5. The Genetic Code and Its Translation Topics: The Protein Nature of Life, Protein Structure, Transcription, Translation and Protein Synthesis, Gene Regulation in Prokaryotes, Exons and Introns, Mutations, Renegade DNA—The Viruses.
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
May 14: Family Literacy Event, Westside Elementary, West Fargo.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.