Whole Child: A Caregiver’s Guide to the First Five Years
The series in early childhood development for college and high school classrooms, caregivers, and parents; video programs and coordinated books, also available in Spanish (en Español). This video series gives you the latest information about child development and childcare for the critical years from birth to the age of five. Taped at working childcare centers with real caregivers and children, the programs teach you about children’s physical, emotional, and cognitive development. You’ll learn practical developmental activities and techniques to use in difficult situations.
1. It’s the Little Things The importance of a well-ordered and predictable environment.
2. By Leaps and Bounds Physical development and appropriate developmental activities, good health practices, and environmental safety.
3. Babies Are Children, Too The special concerns when caring for infants in groups and the importance of nurturing care.
4. Dealing With Feelings Activities that promote emotional health in family relations, self-expression, and dealing with frustration and stress.
5. I’m Glad I’m Me Recognizing children’s accomplishments and offering opportunities for individual choice.
6. Listening to Families Ways to help families deal with everyday problems and life crises.
7. Everybody’s Special Working with children who have special educational needs.
8. Getting Along Together Childhood social development and ways to enhance a child’s social competence.
9. Building Inner Controls Guiding children in controlling themselves and finding acceptable ways to express their aggressive feelings.
10. Respecting Diversity How prejudice develops and how to respect cultural differences.
11. Creativity and Play The relationship of creativity to self-worth and self-expression.
12. Let’s Talk About It The process of language acquisition and methods for increasing language competence.
13. Growing Minds Two approaches to developing mental ability: the conventional approach and what is currently known as emergent curriculum.
A Million Thanks
Instructional Video Resources
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
Lending LibraryAccess our lending library and order form for video titles for all grade levels and subject areas.
Find Us at the Following Events:
Feb. 4-6: ND Assoc. of Elementary School Principals, Bismarck.
Feb. 8: See Arthur at Barnes & Noble, 1-2:30.
Feb. 19-22: ND Counseling Assoc., Bismarck.
Feb. 22: The Stars of PBS at MSUM Planetarium (featuring Daniel Tiger & Sesame Street), 1-5.
Feb. 23-24: STEM workshops, Ft. Yates.
March 20-21: ND Council of Teachers of Mathematics and ND Science Teachers Assoc., Bismarck.
March 25-28: ND Assoc. of Secondary School Principals, Bismarck.
March 26: Family Literacy Event, Rolette, ND.
March 26-28: ND Music Educators Assoc., Bismarck.
March 30: Family Literacy Event, Warwick, ND
March 31: Family Literacy Event, Devils Lake.
April 20: Family Literacy Event, Tate Topa, ND.
April 21: Family Literacy Event, Minnewaukan, ND.
April 23: Family Literacy Event, Dakota Prairie, McVille, ND.
April 23-25: NDRA Reading Conference, Minot.
May 29-31: Family Literacy Event at Devils Run, Devils Lake.
JUNE 6: SHARE-A-STORY LITERACY EVENT, Rheault Farm, Fargo.