Whole Child: A Caregiver’s Guide to the First Five Years
The series in early childhood development for college and high school classrooms, caregivers, and parents; video programs and coordinated books, also available in Spanish (en Español). This video series gives you the latest information about child development and childcare for the critical years from birth to the age of five. Taped at working childcare centers with real caregivers and children, the programs teach you about children’s physical, emotional, and cognitive development. You’ll learn practical developmental activities and techniques to use in difficult situations.
1. It’s the Little Things The importance of a well-ordered and predictable environment.
2. By Leaps and Bounds Physical development and appropriate developmental activities, good health practices, and environmental safety.
3. Babies Are Children, Too The special concerns when caring for infants in groups and the importance of nurturing care.
4. Dealing With Feelings Activities that promote emotional health in family relations, self-expression, and dealing with frustration and stress.
5. I’m Glad I’m Me Recognizing children’s accomplishments and offering opportunities for individual choice.
6. Listening to Families Ways to help families deal with everyday problems and life crises.
7. Everybody’s Special Working with children who have special educational needs.
8. Getting Along Together Childhood social development and ways to enhance a child’s social competence.
9. Building Inner Controls Guiding children in controlling themselves and finding acceptable ways to express their aggressive feelings.
10. Respecting Diversity How prejudice develops and how to respect cultural differences.
11. Creativity and Play The relationship of creativity to self-worth and self-expression.
12. Let’s Talk About It The process of language acquisition and methods for increasing language competence.
13. Growing Minds Two approaches to developing mental ability: the conventional approach and what is currently known as emergent curriculum.
Use our classroom videos for every curriculum and every grade level.
These programs have been dropped from the Instructional Resources offerings.
Sign up for our monthly e-Newsletter to learn about new programs, classroom resources, and professional development opportunities!
June - Tri-City Technology Conference in Fargo, North Dakota
June 8 - Share a Story event at Rheault Farm from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm
June 14 - Midwest KidsFest at Island Park in Fargo, North Dakota from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm
June 25-26 - Prairie Region Teacher Training Institute in Moorhead, Minnesota at Concordia College